Specialist smoke & natural ventilation company require a CFD Engineer to develop in-house CFD capabilities - Basic to c40k + Company Benefits.
* Creating CFD models in response to customer orders, tailoring to individual project needs.
* CFD models will be used predominately for smoke ventilation applications in all types of buildings, testing the effectiveness of the proposed system and their compliance with regulatory requirements.
* Also involved with Research & Development of new systems in both Smoke and Natural ventilation systems.
* Liaising with customers, and internal departments as required.
* Creating CFD reports that outline the models' results with design recommendations for customers.
* Present finding/results of analysis to building control / approving authorities
* BEng (min.) in Mechanical Engineering, Science related subject, or equivalent discipline.
* Thermodynamic / Heat Transfer knowledge.
* Experienced CFD modeler in a Mechanical Engineering environment.
* Full driving license required for travel to the office and client sites as required.
* Must come from a Smoke / Fire Engineering background, with knowledge of British standards / building regulations.
* Experience in the use of FDS (Fire Design Simulator)
* Other software knowledge, such as CAD, Solid Works or Revit would be advantageous.
Basic salary up to c40k, with additional company benefits to include contributory pension scheme after qualifying period.
Can work remotely from home with travel to the office & client sites as required.