Senior HVAC Product Design Engineer
Highly competitive salary and benefits, based near Birmingham.
Background in cooling and/or chilled water preferable.
* Part of the engineering team (both R&D and projects), taking a client brief to create new and bespoke fluid cooling products.
* Effective selection of pumps, filters, heat exchangers, pipework & controls and producing a front end design in sheet metal, with detailed CAD/concept work.
* Able to develop specifications, system narratives, and system layouts for a variety of projects of different sizes
* Assist in the ongoing determination of project scheduling requirements, manpower requirements, and project budgets
* Establish and define system application, design, and operational parameters / sequences
* Internal liaison through the manufacturing phase and with the client through testing and production.
* Ideally familiar with Chilled Water, DX and Air Conditioning Systems.
* Ideally have experience in the Data Centre sector and/or medical cooling and critical systems knowledge.
* Mechanical, thermodynamics fluid and air heat transfer experience preferable.
* Knowledge of Electrical power/control systems for fluid and temperature control
* Mechanical design and CAD experience required - knowledge of Solidworks specifically would be an advantage.
* An HND or degree in a mechanical engineering or related subject required.
Highly competitive basic salary, negotiable on experience and background.
Benefits include pension, healthcare, life assurance.
Based near Birmingham, with travel as required.
Suitable locations include Birmingham, West Bromwich, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Stourbridge, Kidderminster.