Connecting...

W1siziisimnvbxbpbgvkx3rozw1lx2fzc2v0cy90ag9ybmh2ywmvanbnl2jhbm5lci1kzwzhdwx0lmpwzyjdxq

Jobs

Key Account Manager

Job Title: Key Account Manager
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: Manchester
Industry:
Salary: Basic to £50K Bonus £20K
Reference: 2185
Contact Name: Clare Swain
Job Published: October 05, 2017 10:50

Job Description

Key Account Manager required for a leading HVAC company in the North of the UK, ideally located in Manchester or Leeds. 

 
THE ROLE

  • Selling a range of HVAC products to large M&E Contractors on a Key Account basis.
  • You'll be selling their whole range as above, but focused mainly on the products for larger applications.
  • The customer base is split into two areas. Firstly you'll have 5-10 key accounts of your own. These will be large M&E Contractors such as Shepherd's, Bailey's, Balfour's, Crownhouse. Your aim is to network well throughout these companies including the estimators, project managers and buyers and find out about projects. Secondly, you'll need to protect the specifications that they've already generated, and will include around 20 medium to large M&E Contractors that are bidding for the work and make sure the spec isn't broken. 
  • There are no call ratio's however the last person who did this role did around 10 calls per week on a busy week and 5 on a quieter week.
  • 80% of their products now are sold through the contractors directly, with the remaining 20% direct sold into merchants.  


THE PERSON

Essential:
Experience of calling on large M&E contractors the Manchester or Leeds area. 
Product knowledge isn't as important as customer knowledge. They have great training facilities to impart that knowledge.
A real likable person, who knows a lot of people and is liked by a lot of people.
Confident
Teamworker
Determination to win new business
Organised
Excellent socialiser, and prepared to do lots of socialising. (Once a fortnight for lunches and once every couple of months for evening entertainment.)
Someone who is prepared to learn and develop themselves. 


THE PACKAGE
Basic £45K - £50K - depending on experience.
Bonus to £20K paid quarterly dependent on target. 
Company car 
Good pension 
25 Days holiday plus bank holidays
Life insurance

LOCATION
Most of the work with be focused in the M62 corridor area. So someone located in Leeds, Manchester or Oldham would be perfect.The patch includes the following postcodes: 

L, WA, SK, S, DN, HU, YO, WF, LS, HU, HX, OL, M, BL, WN, BL, PR, FY, BB, LS,HG,BD,LA,DL,TS,DH,SR,NE.