Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer
|Job title:||Graduate Mechanical Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Basic to c£28k|
|Contact name:||Rob Bryan|
|Published:||3 months ago|
Job descriptionGraduate Mechanical Design Engineer required in Northampton
Salary up to approx £28k
* Be part of a developing and expanding company, with opportunities to further your career in design or other aspects of engineering to suit.
* A varied role focusing on design calculations and CAD.
* Working on HVAC projects to provide heating/cooling design solutions, focusing on ventilation (fans/air handling units) and ductwork.
* Taking projects from enquiry stage and producing a fully designed technical solution, with use of AutoCAD packages.
* This will include liaising with consultants and contractors to interpret drawings and technical specifications for customer projects.
* Calculations of heat/cooling loads to size up and select appropriate units and equipment.
* Creating a fully costed solution and pass on to the projects team at order.
* Working closely with a design/project engineer within the office.
* Seeking a design engineer from a mechanical engineering background with an understanding or interest in heating and cooling.
* Competent user of CAD packages, mainly in 2D with possible future use of 3D modelling and BIM packages.
* Seeking to talk to graduate engineers in mechanical engineering or those with some design/CAD experience in industry.
A basic salary up to approx £28k, with full benefits to include 25 days holiday.
Office-based role approx just 2 miles outside of Northampton.
Ideally seeking to talk to candidates who live within commutable distance of the office.
Creat Job Alert
By submitting your details you agree to our T&Cs