Graduate Mechanical Engineer
|Job title:||Graduate Mechanical Engineer|
|Salary:||Basic to £30k|
|Contact name:||Rob Bryan|
|Published:||24 days ago|
Job descriptionGraduate Mechanical Engineer required!
Home based, ideally approx an hour from Cambridge.
Basic salary up to c£30k
* Providing support to the sales team and to customers by providing technical HVAC solutions, selecting equipment and producing fully costed quotations.
* Liaising with mechanical consultants and contractors to obtain project details, room lay-outs and advise accordingly.
* Using thermal modelling software to aid engineering calculations of air flow and ventilation of buildings.
* Supporting on projects at technical stage, to include visits to M&E consultants to aid the design process.
* Once trained and confident on the product range, offering CPD's to prospective customers.
* Assisting with R&D and product development as required.
* A technical engineering background required, with in-depth understanding of thermodynamics & fluids and an interest in HVAC and sustainability preferred.
* Ideally you'll possess an HNC, Degree or Masters in Mechanical Engineering or crossovers into Sustainability, Renewables or Energy Engineering.
* A confident speaker and good communication skills is a must for this role, as you will be working with customers and potentially offering CPD's to engineers, which involves presenting and delivering product information.
* A full driving licence preferred, as travel to customer sites required.
For a graduate engineer, expect to start at c£27-28k.
For those with a years experience and beyond, up to c£30k.
Home based role, with approx 2 days a week travelling to customer sites and the remainder from home.
Ideally based between Cambridge and London.
Suitable locations include: Cambridge, Peterborough, Bedford, Luton, Milton Keynes, Stevenage, Watford, London.