HVAC Design Engineer
|Job title:||HVAC Design Engineer|
|Salary:||Basic to £55k|
|Contact name:||Rob Bryan|
|Published:||16 days ago|
Job descriptionHVAC Design Engineer required, ideally from a cooling background.
Basic to approx c£55k+bonus
West Midlands based, with hybrid working.
* Working for a niche HVAC company, you'll be reporting to the owners of the business and taking a lead in design and technical activities.
* Liaison with M&E consultants at design stage, you'll be driving a technical solution using bespoke design and selection software and presenting technical information.
* Assisting through the tender process and advising on commercial decisions within the application and attending pre-contract/design meetings prior to project commencement.
* Providing support through the project, via design variations with the client and assisting across the company with some sales and project responsibilities.
* Mentoring junior staff, with potential to managing further engineers as the company grows and development opportunities into senior management and directorship in the future.
* Would suit an experienced HVAC Design Engineer, with a proven track record in the industry. This could have been as a Design Engineer, Applications Engineer or Technical Manager with either a manufacturer, contractor or consulting engineer in Building Services.
* Track record and background in cooling, with a strong technical and design understanding of ventilation, refrigeration and air conditioning.
* A degree or professional qualification such as HNC in a Mechanical or Building Services related subject is required.
* Good commercial acumen, in addition to design and technical abilities.
* Full driving licence required to visit customer offices/sites.
A basic salary in the c£45-55k bracket, pendent on background and experience.
Expected bonus approx £10k, based on personal and company performance.
Additional benefits to be discussed, to include car/allowance.
Based out of the office just outside of Birmingham, with 2-3 days a week expected in the office - the rest from home/visits as required.
Suitable areas include: Birmingham, Solihull, Worcester, Coventry, Sutton Coldfield - within an hour of the office preferred.