|Job Title:||Engineering Director|
|Salary:||Basic to £75K Bonus £10|
|Contact Name:||Jason Thornhill|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2019 17:30|
Production required for a Mechanical Engineering products manufacturer in Essex. Basic to £75K.
This new and role has come about due to growth of the company and they're now looking for an Engineering Director to take their production and npd processes to the next level from a £5m business to a £10m business.
The role involves:
1. Run production: Overseeing a department of around 40 people, you'd be responsible for planning schedules for the production lines together with the team who do that. This would involve building rapport with people who do that. Having an overview of the production process and recognising pinch points and developing plans to resolve these issues. Other challenges involve standardising components across products to make production easier.
2. Run the NPD department of around 5 people. This involves ironing out issues with current products, and implementing npd processes to keep their product range at the leading edge of the market place. A particular challenge currently is improving the link between the npd dept and the production department.
3. New machinery plan: This involves identifying where new machinery is needed, and putting forward business cases for new machinery.
1. Experience of running production lines for mechanical products. Including experience of putting together capex plans for new machinery.
2. Man management experience.
3. Experience of running npd departments.
Basic to £75K depending on experience.
Bonus to £10K
Company car or opt out.
25 days holiday.
Pension 5- 7%.
This role is based in Essex. Ideally locations are: Colchester, Chelmsford, Basildon, Braintree, Harlow.