Management Degree Apprenticeship
|Job Title:||Management Degree Apprenticeship|
|Salary:||Basic £15k to £17k|
|Contact Name:||James Thornhill|
|Job Published:||July 16, 2018 17:35|
Management Degree Apprenticeship
Salary £15,000 - £17,000
Average consultant earns £40k p/a
Develop your career with us with an online Management degree from Anglia Ruskin University, accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. This is an opportunity for those interested in Business Management, Sales or Marketing to Earn while you Learn to achieve a BA (Hons) in Management Practice without running up the traditional student debt.
It is a 4-year course from Anglia, a university recognised as a global ‘rising star’ and ranked 66th in the Guardian league tables on factors including student satisfaction, money well spent and employment prospects. Twenty per cent of your week will be devoted to your studies and the rest of the time as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant with Thornhvac.
About the company
Thornhvac is a well-established family run recruitment consultancy based in a modern business centre 2 minutes from Junction 46 of the MI near Leeds.
We are growing and want to recruit two management degree apprentices to enter our first-class training programme. We are one of the leaders in our sector based on a good reputation with clients and candidates. It is an interesting sector providing sales and technical staff to manufacturers of building services equipment such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning and renewables.
We have excellent training systems to develop recruitment skills at Thornhvac. We want to give our management degree apprentices a broader business management training to improve their business consultancy skills and develop as managers for the future. Most of the time recruitment consultants are helping business owners, senior managers and directors to solve their recruitment and retention issues and needs.
About the role
- Source candidates using the latest software and telephone systems.
- Interview candidates face to face and over the telephone.
- Use business development techniques to attract new clients and develop existing ones.
- Project manage client vacancies and present suitable candidates.
- Network across the sector to focus on the best clients and candidates.
As you learn you will be given an increasing amount of autonomy like running your own business within a team of colleagues. Nothing is more important than being in a job that one can be successful and happy in so matching candidates to companies is a skill that is very satisfying.
- You are expected to have at least 200 points at A-level or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent), and maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above.
- Recruitment consultancy is very much a people business so applicants must be comfortable in a customer facing role.
- A confident, proactive and well organised approach to work.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
About the Management Degree Apprenticeship
As a professional Management Degree apprentice, you will achieve a university qualification at degree level BA (Hons) in Management Practice. You will be paid throughout and there are no tuition fees, as these are met by Thornhvac and the Government. The degree will start in September 2018 or January 2019.
The 4-year course covers the full range of business skills:
- Managing people
- Planning and strategy
- Decision making
More information here https://distancelearning.anglia.ac.uk/courseDetail.php/BA-Hons-Management-29/
Culture, Training and Career Development
- Thornhvac invests heavily in training
- Employees set their own performance goals and strategy
- They learn how to use process improvement techniques and good quality data to improve their own performance.
- A manager’s role is to support this process.
- Relaxed office atmosphere
- Flexibility to work from home if required
Salary and prospects
- Basic salary £15,000 - £17,000
- Place one candidate per month and you will typically earn £30k p/a
- No cap on earnings (average consultant earns £40k p/a).
- Company profit sharing scheme
- Experienced Team Managers earn £45k plus
The office location is a modern business centre, 2 minutes from junction 46 on the M1, next to Thorpe Park. Cross gates Railway Station is 2 miles away and Leeds City Centre is 15 minutes by car and 40 minutes by bus. Ideal locations could be Cross gates, Swillington, Garforth, Kippax, Micklefield, Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton and Whitkirk.
If you meet the Management Degree Apprenticeship requirements, please submit your CV through this site and we will get back to you to discuss next steps.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's