|Job Title:||Technical Consultant|
|Salary:||Please get in touch for more details|
|Contact Name:||Stacey Goodall|
|Job Published:||December 13, 2017 11:47|
Expanding and specialist smoke control company are seeking a Technical Consultant to assist customers with applications for smoke control & pressurisation systems.
- Brand new role as part of their expansion plans.
- Part of a larger group in the UK, who have a turnover of £10million.
- Invest heavily in R&D.
- UK manufacturer, with a state-of-the-art facility.
Reporting into the Group Sales Manager, you would act as the company’s technical specialist on smoke ventilation & pressurisation systems for above-ground applications. Typically speaking, this would include shopping centres, residential apartments, factories, and commercial offices.
- Liaising directly with design consultants at the point of enquiry to assist with technical advice.
- Supporting external engineers and assisting with site visits (roughly 2-3 per week). Site visits may be UK wide, and as such, the role will include a vehicle/travel allowance.
- Responsible for the design, quoting and issue of technical proposals.
- Element of training and mentoring existing team and business partners.
- Technical knowledge of extract and pressurisation systems, natural ventilation and/or smoke control systems.
- Experience of pressurisation systems.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, and architectural/engineering plans.
- Must be able to read construction drawings and mark them up for consultation.
- Good communication skills, and be commercially astute.
- Full UK driving license, and comfortable with travel throughout the UK.
- HNC, HND or Degree in Building Services, Mechanical Engineering, Fire Engineering or related field of study would be advantageous. However, experience in the industry is valued greatly.
- Experience with 2D CAD and construction drawings would be beneficial.
Please get in touch for more details.
This role will be based in offices near Huddersfield, for minimum 3 days per week. Relevant locations include: Huddersfield, Bradford, Leeds, Halifax, Hebdon Bridge, Keighley, Burnley, Rochdale, Dewsbury, Wakefield and surrounding areas.
Applications may be considered further afield - including Manchester, Liverpool, Hull, Newcastle and the Midlands (if happy with travelling to office near Huddersfield).
Travelling to client sites UK wide.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's