Gas Service Engineer
|Job Title:||Gas Service Engineer|
|Salary:||Basic £25K - £30K + Van|
|Contact Name:||Pierce Lindley|
|Job Published:||February 26, 2019 11:09|
Gas Service Engineer required for a specialist commercial HVAC manufacturer ideally based up to 45 minutes away from Dunfermline. Basic £25k - £30K depending on experience with van. Ideal locations: Dundee, Kirkcaldy, Edinburgh, Falkirk.
The main elements to the role are providing technical support on commercial heating and ventilating products. The main attractions of this role are that it gives a Domestic Gas Engineer the chance to train up to become a Commercial Gas Engineer. Secondly, there is an opportunity to move from a field based role into an office based role.
The role involves:
1. Speaking to people on the phone to resolve technical issues. These issues could be pre-sales or post sales. The people you speak to could be M&E Consultants, M&E Contractors, End Users, internal Area Sales Managers. Queries could range from "where does this wire go?" to more complex diagnostic trouble shooting.
2. Site visits to resolve more technical issues. Around half of your time will be spent in the field on site around the Scotland area doing a mixture of commissioning, service, repair and troubleshooting on Commercial Heating appliances, and the rest of the time in the office.
3. Feeding issues into product managers to continuously improve products.
1. At least 2 years experience as a Gas Service Engineer. You could have been a Service Engineer, Breakdown Engineer, Commissioning Engineer, Install Engineer. You should have your current ACS tickets. Domestic or commercial tickets is fine, as full training will be provided.
2. Enjoys communicating with customers, sometimes in pressured situations. An ability to communicate technical information in a clear way is essential.
1. Although someone with domestic ACS tickets will be considered, they'd prefer someone with commercial tickets.
Basic £25K - £30K, depending on experience.
£2K Bonus (Company and personal performance)
25 days holiday.
Fully expensed company van.
You'll be office based near Dunfermline. There will be some travel with this role within Scotland, as potentially up to half of the role will be out in the field. There will be an opportunity to work from home one day a week if desired. Ideal locations: Dundee, Kirkcaldy, Edinburgh, Falkirk.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's