Management Degree Apprentice
|Job Title:||Management Degree Apprentice|
|Salary:||Basic £15k to £17k|
|Contact Name:||James Thornhill|
|Job Published:||February 22, 2019 16:52|
Management Degree Apprenticeship
Salary £15,000 - £17,000
Develop your career with us with an online Management Degree accredited by the Chartered Management Institute. This is an opportunity for those interested in Business Management, Sales or Marketing to Earn while you Learn to achieve a BA (Hons) in Management Practice without running up the traditional student debt.
It is a 4-year online course offered by the Open University. Twenty percent of your week will be devoted to your studies and the rest of the time as a Trainee Recruitment Consultant with Thornhvac.
The Open University Business School which is in the world’s top 1%. With over 30 years’ experience, OUBS is a truly international business school, rated ‘excellent’ (the highest possible rating) by the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) for teaching and support.
About the company
Thornhvac is a well-established family run recruitment consultancy based in a modern business centre 2 minutes from Junction 46 of the MI near Leeds.
We are growing and want to recruit two more management degree apprentices to enter our first-class training programme.
Thornhvac is one of the leaders in our sector based on a good reputation with clients and candidates. It is an interesting sector providing sales and technical staff to manufacturers of building services equipment such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning and renewables. Expanding our team will enable us to enter more Engineering and Technology sectors.
We have excellent training systems to develop recruitment skills at Thornhvac. We want to give our management degree apprentices a broader business management training to improve their business consultancy skills and develop as managers for the future. Most of the time recruitment consultants are helping business owners, senior managers and directors to solve their recruitment and retention issues and needs.
What existing apprentices say about the role
This is what the first two Management Degree Apprentices, Hollie Slater and Pierce Lindley, who joined Thornhvac in November last year, said about their roles.
“When it came to leaving college, both Pierce and I were certain that physically attending a University was not in our best interest, however we did still both have a desire to get a degree. So when this opportunity came along for us, it was like winning the lottery.
For us, at the moment, the role entails 5 days working as a Recruitment Consultant in the HVAC industry. It is a sales role that requires a lot of training, perseverance and patience, however it is extremely rewarding when things go well.
In May, we are due to start our Business Management Degree here through Thornhvac and will be studying for that 1 day a week over a 4-year period. There is an extensive amount of training and support given from our colleagues here at Thornhvac, and a welcoming feeling as soon as you walk through the door.
If you are considering applying for this role, speaking from experience, both Pierce and I can confidently say that you will not regret pursuing an opportunity like this.”
About the role
- Source candidates using the latest software and telephone systems.
- Interview candidates face to face and over the telephone.
- Use business development techniques to attract new clients and develop existing ones.
- Project manage client vacancies and present suitable candidates.
- Network across the sector to focus on the best clients and candidates.
As you learn you will be given an increasing amount of autonomy like running your own business within a team of colleagues. Nothing is more important than being in a job that one can be successful and happy in so matching candidates to companies is a skill that is very satisfying.
- You are expected to have at least 80 new UCAS points at A Level (200 old UCAS points) or NVQ level 3 (or equivalent), and Maths and English GCSEs (or equivalent) at grade C or above.
- Recruitment consultancy is very much a people business so applicants must be comfortable in a customer facing role.
- A confident, proactive and well organised approach to work.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
About the Management Degree Apprenticeship
As a professional Management Degree apprentice, you will achieve a university qualification at degree level BA (Hons) in Management Practice. You will be paid throughout and there are no tuition fees, as these are met by Thornhvac and the Government. Government apprenticeship reference VAC001509833. See https://www.findapprenticeship.service.gov.uk/apprenticeship/-396991
The course covers the full range of business skills:
- Managing people
- Planning and strategy
- Decision making
Culture, Training and Career Development
- Thornhvac invests heavily in training
- Employees set their own performance goals and strategy
- They learn how to use process improvement techniques and good quality data to improve their own performance.
- A manager’s role is to support this process.
- Relaxed office atmosphere
- Flexibility to work from home if required
Salary and prospects
- Basic salary £15,000 - £17,000
- No cap on earnings
- Place one candidate per month and typically earn £30k per annum
- Company profit sharing scheme
- Team Managers typically earn £45k plus
The office location is a modern business centre, 2 minutes from junction 46 on the M1, next to Thorpe Park. Cross gates Railway Station is 2 miles away and Leeds City Centre is 15 minutes by car and 40 minutes by bus. Ideal locations could be Cross gates, Swillington, Garforth, Kippax, Micklefield, Barwick in Elmet, Colton, Halton and Whitkirk.
Employment can commence immediately as there is a comprehensive recruitment training programme to complete before your degree starts. Next degree entry would be October 2019.
If you meet the Management Degree Apprenticeship requirements, please submit your CV through this site and we will get back to you.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's